Monday, June 17, 2013

Sweet Jambalaya

Okay, I am not at all a fan of New Orleans cuisine BUT this recipe is amazing! It is sweet, not spicy and for some odd reason, I just can't get enough of it! My dad actually found this one (on Kraftfoods.com, I believe) and made it during our lake vacation...I came home and made it that very next week!

Sweet Jambalaya

Ingredients:
1 tbsp. Oil
1/2 lb. Sweet Sausage, sliced
1 Onion, chopped
1 can (14 oz.) Diced Tomatoes, undrained
1 can (14-1/2 oz.) Chicken Broth
1 Green Pepper
1/2 cup Sweet Baby Rays Barbecue Sauce
1 lb. frozen shrimp, thawed, peeled and deveined
2 cups White Rice, prepared

Heat oil in large skillet. Add Sausage and onion, cook until browned (about 10 mins). 
Add remaining ingredients, EXCEPT RICE. Stir well and cook on low heat until shrimp are thoroughly cooked (about 5 mins). 

Serve over white rice and enjoy!!!



Jonathan doesn't like seafood so his portion was shrimp free!

No comments:

Post a Comment